Build a stomach inflammation strategy
Whether you have IBS, IBD, or symptoms of unknown cause, when you build the right supplement strategy you can help soothe and heal the lining of your stomach.
Our best pick for an all-in-one formula that helps build better digestion, nutrient absorption, and proper elimination processes. GI Integrity is a peach-tea flavored powder packed with herbs, minerals, and other nutrients that have been shown to positively affect the GI tract and its functions, such as:
- L-glutamine, our intestinal tissue’s favorite form of fuel, has been shown to protect and repair the mucosal lining of the gut as it enhances immune system functions. (1)
- Glucosamine HCl has been shown to reduce inflammation without the side-effects of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). (2)
- Zinc carnosine, a special form of zinc, appears to have the ability to protect the gut mucosal lining from damage. (3)
- Herbs like marshmallow, cat’s claw, slippery elm, and chamomile have been used traditionally to soothe the GI tract and aid in digestion, and growing research backs their effectiveness. Licorice, mucin, and aloe also have soothing and “moving” properties.
You might also find relief from these supplements
Whether you prefer complex or single-nutrient formulas, these products are some of the best you will find to help soothe and support your digestive system.
This special form of zinc seems to be especially protective for the gastrointestinal lining (see above). (3)
Glutamine is the body’s most abundant free amino acid. Among its many functions, it has numerous effects in the digestive tract. It regulates tight junction proteins, which are necessary for the integrity of the intestinal wall. It protects intestinal cells from damage from stressors, and it suppresses inflammatory signals. These properties make it an important player in protecting and healing the digestive tract. (5)
Inflam-Eze is a balanced meal-replacement powder that you simply mix with water. Since it contains proteins, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber, you can use it as a meal or snack. That gives your digestive tract a rest from processing the foods that may be irritating it. Along with those macronutrients, Inflam-Eze contains a rich stock of micronutrients that can help improve your gut’s function as it reduces symptoms. However, for some people with stomach dysfunction or H. Pylori, this medical food may irritate more than regenerate due to the protein content.
See our gut recommendation article for more information about how to use this powerful formula.
Aloe vera, a succulent plant, has been used medicinally in various cultures. Research shows it has anti-inflammatory properties and can improve gastrointestinal motility. A meta-analysis showed that it is a safe and effective treatment for IBS. (4)
You can Purchase all our favorites below!
1. De-Souza DA, Greene LJ. Intestinal permeability and systemic infections in critically ill patients: effect of glutamine. Crit Care Med. 2005 May;33(5):1125-35. doi: 10.1097/01.ccm.0000162680.52397.97. PMID: 15891348.
2. Anderson, J. W., Nicolosi, R. J., & Borzelleca, J. F. (2005). Glucosamine effects in humans: A review of effects on glucose metabolism, side effects, safety considerations and efficacy. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2005;43(2), 187-201. DOI: 10.1016/j.fct.2004.11.006
3. Mahmood A, FitzGerald AJ, Marchbank T, et al. Zinc carnosine, a health food supplement that stabilises small bowel integrity and stimulates gut repair processes. Gut. 2007;56(2):168-175. doi:10.1136/gut.2006.099929
4. Hong SW, Chun J, Park S, Lee HJ, Im JP, Kim JS. Aloe vera Is Effective and Safe in Short-term Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2018;24(4):528-535. doi:10.5056/jnm18077
5.Kim MH, Kim H. The Roles of Glutamine in the Intestine and Its Implication in Intestinal Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18(5):1051. doi:10.3390/ijms18051051